Henry David Thoreau, “Walking”
Basic Facts (Answer each one):
1. When did Henry David Thoreau live?
2. Where did he live?
3. What was Transcendentalism? (Find a quality definition and summarize it in your own words. Identify the source of your information).
Critical Thinking (Choose one or more; just be sure you develop your thoughts and generate about one single-spaced page of writing.):
4. How does Thoreau feel about work and daily life? Do you feel the same or different?
5. What is the significance of the West?
6. What is the significance of the East? What does it represent?
7. Why is wildness important? Do you buy it?
8. When I go for a jog, I always track the whole thing with my Nike app, which records my route, speed, calories expended, and how many miles I’ve run in my current pair of shoes (in addition to other things), and I always do it while listening to something in my ear buds. How would Thoreau react to this situation? Explain why, and be detailed about it.